Chicken and Broccoli Penne Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo
Ok, this may not be the healthiest dish on the planet but it will get your kids eating broccoli. Alfredo makes anything taste delicious! This is a perfect vehicle for a quick weeknight dinner or if you need to use leftover chicken or vegetables. The protein and vegetables can be substituted to your tastes.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), fresh broccoli, **_pasta (penne), butter, heavy cream, cheese (parmesan, grated), sun-dried tomatoes, fresh garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 whole chicken breasts, diced
- 3 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 12 - 16 oz. penne pasta
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 8 oz. parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 2 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook till al dente (add the broccoli during the last minute of cooking) and drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook chicken in a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Set aside.
- 3. In the same skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook till aromatic and garlic has softened.
- 4. Add butter and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and add parmesan cheese. Return chicken, pasta and broccoli.
- 5. Toss and cook for a few more minutes until sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.