Lemon Flaxseed Muffins
Lightly sweetened muffins made with oat flour and almond meal that make a great snack, breakfast addition or even as a dessert with a little frosting.
This recipe contains flour (oat), almond meal, flaxseed (milled), baking powder, salt, eggs, lemons, lemon extract, vanilla, coconut oil (extra-virgin), honey, , honey, lemon juice
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 cup(s) oat flour
- 1 cup(s) almond meal
- 3 tbsp. Tb. ground flaxseeds
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 lg. eggs
- 1 - 2 lg. lemon, zested & juiced
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup(s) coconut oil
- 6 tbsp. Tb. honey
- For Glaze
- 1 tbsp. Tb. honey
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1. Heat oven to 350 and line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners.
- 2. Combine the oat flour, almond meal, flaxseeds, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 3. In a small bowl mix the eggs, ⅓ c. lemon juice, zest, and extracts.
- 4. Melt the coconut oil, remove from heat and mix in the honey until incorporated.
- 5. Pour the egg mixture and coconut-honey mixture into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- 6. Divided the batter between the prepared muffin cups - they'll be about ¾ full.
- 7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let sit in pan 5 minutes and then turn out to a rack to cool.
- 8. While cooling, mix the lemon and honey glaze ingredients together and then brush on the warm muffins. Eat warm or room temperature.