Bucatini with Spring Peas, Crispy Pancetta & Mint
Pasta with peas, sweet onion, pancetta, and fresh mint.
This recipe contains pasta (bucatini), onions (vidalia/sweet), peas (green, frozen), salt, pepper, pancetta, olive oil (extra virgin), wine (white, dry), chicken broth, mint (fresh), cheese (parmigiano-reggiano)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 12 oz. collezione bucatini pasta
- 1 whole vidalia onion, cut in thick julienne
- 1 cup(s) spring peas, thawed
- 2 - 4 ds. salt to taste
- 2 - 4 ds. pepper to taste
- 1 cup(s) pancetta, rendered and crispy
- 5 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 2 oz. parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shredded
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Meanwhile in a large skillet, gently sauté onion with half the olive oil for a few minutes until translucent. Add wine, reduce to half then add peas and broth.
- 2. Bring to simmer and season with salt and freshly grated black pepper. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with peas mixture for a minute over high heat. Stir in mint and garnish with pancetta and cheese before serving.