Mexican Beef and Rice Casserole
A hearty beef and rice casserole made with Mexican-style cheese and taco seasoning.
This recipe contains ground beef, cheese (mexican blend), taco seasoning, rice (white), mixed vegetables (frozen), tomatoes (diced), salsa, chicken broth
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 6 oz. mexican style four cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg(s) 1oz. taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup(s) long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 cup(s) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can(s) 14.5oz. diced tomatoes, no salt added, undrained
- 1 cup(s) thick and chunky medium salsa
- 1 cup(s) fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
- 2. Brown meat in large nonstick skillet; drain. Return meat to skillet.
- 3. Reserve 1 cup cheese for later use. Add remaining cheese and all remaining ingredients to meat; mix well.
- 4. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover.
- 5. Bake 40 to 50 min. or until rice is tender. Top with reserved cheese; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until melted.