Honey Mustard Pork Chops with Yogurt Barley Salad
Pork loves anything sweet so this pork with honey mustard glaze is a match made in heaven. The barley salad is a silky refreshing salad that perfectly compliments the pork.
This recipe contains pork chops, barley, cucumbers, carrots, onions, wine (white), mustard (dijon), honey, greek yogurt (plain), fresh dill, lemons
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb. pork chops
- 1 cup(s) barley
- 1 whole cucumber, small dice
- 2 whole carrots
- 1 whole onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1 cup(s) plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 1. Cook in salted water according to package directions.
- 2. In a medium pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add carrots and onions and cook until slightly browned.
- 3. Remove carrots and onions and set aside.
- 4. Add 2 more tbsps of olive oil to the same pan over medium high heat. Pat dry pork chops with paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- 5. Cook pork chops for 3-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness until browned and cooked through. Remove pork chops and allow to rest.
- 6. With the heat still on, deglaze the pan with wine and allow it to reduce by half.
- 7. Add honey, mustard and season with salt and pepper. Continue to reduce until the sauce has thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and glaze the pork chops
- 8. In a large bowl, combine barley, carrots, onions, dill, lemon juice, and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- 9. Serve glaze pork chop with barley salad, enjoy!