Hawaiian Sloppy Joes
If you love Sloppy Joes, then you will love this version. The sweet and tangy Hawaiian barbecue sauce makes this recipe unique and it is all prepared in under 30 minutes.
This recipe contains hamburger buns, beef (ground), onions, fresh garlic, , brown sugar, pineapple (canned, crushed), ketchup, molasses, soy sauce (low-sodium), mustard (yellow), cider vinegar, chili powder, salt, ginger (ground), paprika (smoked), pepper, hot sauce
8 - 10 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 pkg(s) 8-10 hamburger buns
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 whole medium onion, chopped
- 4 - 6 clove(s) garlic minced
- for the hawaiian bbq sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar, packed
- 1 can(s) 8oz. can crushed pineapple, in juice and not drained
- 1 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) molasses
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 - 2 ds. hot sauce, to taste
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion, spices and ground beef, and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- 2. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-15 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat. Top with cheese and cover until melted, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.