One Pan Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables
An easy dinner idea made with chicken, crispy vegetables and a sweet & tangy Asian sauce. Perfect for everyone!
This recipe contains , soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, cornstarch, water, , chicken breasts (boneless skinless), broccoli crowns, carrots, edamame, pineapple, scallions, sesame seeds, salt, pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- for the teriyaki galze
- 1 cup(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 4 - 5 tbsp. honey, depending on how sweet you like
- 3 1/2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil, plus more for drizzling on veggies
- 3 garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- for the chicken and veggies
- 3 chicken breasts (1 1/2lbs); boneless, skinless, cut in half lenghwise
- 3 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 1 cup(s) carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) edamame beans (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) pineapple chunks (optional)
- 1 green onions, sliced
- 1 - 3 ds. sesame seeds
- 1 - 3 ds. salt
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper
- 1. FOR THE GLAZE:
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, cornstarch and water until combined. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2. FOR THE CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil coated with cooking spray and set aside.
- 3. Season each side of the chicken with salt and black pepper then drizzle spoonfuls of glaze over the chicken coating well on both sides. Reserve at least half of the glaze for later
- 4. Cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes then remove the pan. Top chicken with additional glaze, flip chicken and glaze again.
- 5. Arrange the broccoli florets, carrots, edamame and pineapples in a single layer around the chicken. Season with black pepper and drizzle with ¼ teaspoon of sesame oil and teriyaki glaze and toss to coat. Return to the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.**
- 6. Remove pan from oven, slice chicken into strips and drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve over rice or quinoa and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
- 7. NOTES/TIPS:
**If chicken is not done after 20 minutes, remove vegetables from pan first then return the chicken back to the oven until cooked through.
Cooking time may vary slightly depending on how thick your chicken pieces are.