Korean Beef Bowl
Tastes like Korean BBQ and is on your dinner table in just 15 min from start to finish! Seriously. It doesn’t get any easier than this!
This recipe contains brown sugar, soy sauce (low-sodium), sesame oil, crushed red pepper, ginger (ground), vegetable oil, garlic powder, beef (ground), scallions, sesame seeds, rice (jasmine), white pepper, eggs
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 cup(s) jasmine rice
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 fried egg (optional)
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, white pepper, red pepper flakes and ginger.
- 2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- 3. Stir in soy sauce mixture and green onions until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Serve immediately, garnished with green onions. Serve with jasmine rice, fried egg and sesame seeds, if desired.