Ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookies.
This recipe contains chocolate (bittersweet, chips), eggs, sugar, vanilla, flour (all-purpose), baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, walnuts
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 10 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs, large-room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) walnut or pecan pieces
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F with a rack in the center. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- 2. Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Set the bowl in a larger bowl of hot tap water until needed. In another bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder together.
- 3. Stirring frequently, melt butter with 1 cup of the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water.
- 4. Off heat, whisk in the egg mixture. Stir in the flour, nuts and remaining chocolate.
- 5. Scoop slightly rounded tablespoons of batter 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake until the surface of the cookie looks dry and faintly cracked, and the centers are still gooey, 10-12 minutes.
- 6. Set the pan on a rack to cool. Store cookies in a tightly sealed container.