Blue Cheese Buffalo Burger
A lean, protein packed buffalo blue cheese burger.
This recipe contains olive oil, buffalo (ground), salt (kosher), black pepper, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, hamburger buns (whole wheat), baby spinach, onions (red), mustard (brown), XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, scallions, greek yogurt (plain, non-fat), blue cheese, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground buffalo
- 1 ds. kosher salt
- 1 ds. black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) 1/2 cup chunky blue cheese dip (recipe below)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 cup(s) baby spinach
- 1 whole red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 pkg(s) spicy brown mustard (optional)
- CHUNKY BLUE CHEESE DIP
- 1 green onions, thin sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) non-fat greek yogurt (plain)
- 1 tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 ds. pepper
- 1. Heat a grill to high heat and brush the grill grates with olive oil. (Alternatively, heat a grill pan over high heat and spray it with olive oil.)
- 2. Make four patties from the meat. Push your thumb into the center and create a little dimple on both sides. This will help the burger cook more evenly and keep a flat patty shape. Gently sprinkle the patties with salt and pepper.
- 3. Grill the burgers for 7 to 10 minutes, flipping once. Transfer the burgers to a large plate and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- 4. While the burgers cook, make the blue cheese dip. Place all the dip ingredients in a bowl and mix together, smash the cheese up a little as you mix.
- 5. To assemble the burgers, spread some Chunky Blue Cheese Dip on the bottom of each bun, lay on some spinach and onions, and top with a burger patty. Spread some mustard, if using, on the top buns and place them on the burgers.