Smoked Paprika Red Potatoes and Egg Bake
This hearty potato egg bake is a lovely dinner for two or breakfast for 12 (multiply for however many people you're serving!)
This recipe contains red potatoes, deli ham, onions (yellow), fresh garlic, heavy cream, paprika (smoked), salt, crushed red pepper, eggs, blue cheese, parsley (fresh)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 lb. red potatoes, cut in half lengthwise, them cut in half again
- 3 - 4 oz. deli ham
- 1/2 whole medium yellow onion, cut into 1/2" chunks
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 - 4 eggs, large
- 1/4 cup(s) blue cheese (optional)
- 1 pn. fresh parsley, chopped for topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- 2. Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise. Then cut each half lengthwise again. Dice into 1/2 inch slices. Cut onions into 1/2 inch chunks as well. Dice ham.
- 3. Place potatoes, ham and onions in a large baking dish (I use a pie pan or 11 inch quiche pan). Mince garlic and add to pan along with the heavy cream, paprika, salt, and pepper flakes (if using). Then, toss everything together so that potatoes and onions are coated evenly.
- 4. Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- 5. Remove from oven. Using a spoon, create a well in the center. Crack eggs in the middle and sprinkle cheese over eggs and potatoes. Return to oven and continue to bake until eggs have set, 7 to 12 minutes depending on desired firmness of yolk. Just make sure the egg whites have set.
- 6. Remove from oven and sprinkle parsley on top.