Winter Green Salad with Pears and Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Lighten your plate after the holidays with a seasonal salad of winter greens and nuts tossed with a zesty Pear and Apple Cider Vinaigrette.
This recipe contains XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, dark brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, olive oil, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, cheese (parmesan, wedge), radicchio, endive (belgian), baby spinach, pears, walnuts
Prep time: 25 min
- FOR THE APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
- 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- FOR THE WINTER GREEN SALAD
- 4 oz. parmesan cheese wedge
- 1 whole head radicchio
- 2 whole heads belgian endive
- 1 pkg(s) 10oz. bag spinach
- 3 whole medium pears- peeled, cored & cut into wedges
- 1 ds. walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1. Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
In a very large bowl, with wire whisk or fork, mix brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil until blended.
- 2. Winter Green Salad
With vegetable peeler, shave 1 cup loosely packed shavings from wedge of Parmesan cheese; set aside. Add radicchio, endive, spinach and pears to large bowl; toss. Drizzle with dressing. Serve salad topped with Parmesan shavings and walnuts.