Barilla Linguine with Pesto and Zucchini
Linguine pasta with pesto and zucchini.
This recipe contains pasta (linguine), olive oil (extra virgin), fresh garlic, onions, zucchini, basil pesto, cheese (parmigiano-reggiano), salt, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 16 oz. linguine pasta
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 whole medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. zucchini, sliced and quartered (4 cups)
- 6 oz. basil pesto
- 2 oz. parmigiano-reggiano cheese, thinly sliced, not grated
- 2 - 4 ds. salt, to taste
- 2 - 4 ds. black pepper, to taste
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add, onion and sauté for 3-4 minute or until tender. Add garlic and zucchini, sauté for 2 minutes then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Cook the pasta according to the directions, reserve ½ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and combine with the zucchini. Add the pesto and ½ cup cooking water and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and garnish with cheese.