Grilled Tex-Mex Sandwich
One part Tex, one part Mex, and totally delicious. This quick-and-easy family favorite is a great way to add fun and flavor to busy school nights—or whenever you want cheesy-chickeny meal that’ll please everyone in your family.
This recipe contains cheese (cheddar, shredded), tortillas, tortilla chips, rice (ready, pinto beans & rice), chicken breasts (boneless skinless), tomatoes, onions, fresh cilantro, cooking spray, salsa, sour cream
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tortillas (whole wheat or white flour)
- 2 cup(s) tortilla chips
- 1 pkg(s) 8.5oz. ready rice, pinto beans and rice
- 1 1/3 cup(s) chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 4 tsp. cilantro, chopped
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 - 16 oz. salsa, for topping/serving (optional)
- 8 oz. sour cream, for topping/serving (optional)
- 1. For each sandwich, sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese in center of tortilla; top cheese with 3 tortilla chips, 1/2 cup rice, 1/3 cup chicken, 2 tablespoons tomato, 1 tablespoon onion and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2. Begin folding edge of tortilla up and over center of filling, continuing to fold and overlap edge around center. Spray with nonstick spray. Place seam-side down in skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tortilla is golden brown.
- 3. Carefully flip and cook other side until golden brown.
- 4. Repeat with remaining ingredients for each sandwich.