Pasta, Pancetta and Peas
Pasta, Pancetta and Peas is a satisfying dish that won't weigh you down.
This recipe contains pasta (fettuccine), pancetta, onions (yellow), peas (green, frozen), garlic (fresh), cheese (parmesan, grated), salt (kosher), black peppercorns, lemons
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 16 oz. fettuccine
- 8 oz. pancetta, diced
- 1/2 whole onion, chopped
- 10 oz. bag frozen peas
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan
- 1 - 2 ds. kosher salt to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 whole lemon, juiced
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- 2. Meanwhile, saute pancetta until golden and crisp, about 6 minutes.
- 3. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. In the same pan, saute onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Add peas and garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- 5. Stir in Parmesan, pasta and pancetta.
- 6. Moisten pasta with some of the reserved pasta water. Toss to incorporate, season with salt and pepper, if necessary, and serve, sprinkled with lemon juice.