Chocolate Pecan Tartlets
These tiny tartlets are a chocolate-chip twist on the classic pecan pie. Top with shaved chocolate or chocolate-dipped pecan halves for an added chocolate fix.
This recipe contains phyllo pastry, butter, chocolate (semi-sweet, chips), eggs, dark brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla extract, salt, pecans, chocolate (milk, bar), pecans
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 6 tartlet crusts
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup(s) light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) pecans, chopped
- 1 milk chocolate bar, for shaving & dipping pecan halves
- pecan halves, for garnish (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place tartlet crusts on a large baking sheet. Bake partially for 10 minutes.
- 2. In double boiler, melt the butter with the chocolate chips; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, then add brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Add the butter-chocolate mixture; blend. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour filling into partially baked crusts.
- 4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crust is golden and center of tartlet is set. If desired, decorate as suggested with chocolate shavings or chocolate-dipped pecan halves.
- 5. Cooking Tip:
To prepare chocolate shavings, simply cut or "peel" a milk chocolate candy bar with an ordinary potato peeler! Melt remaining chocolate and dip pecan halves to use as additional garnish.