Long Grain and Wild Rice Pilaf with Oranges and Walnuts
The earthy taste and texture of walnuts meets the citrus burst of oranges in this amazingly flavorful recipe. And when you add in mushrooms and savory flavors, it’s a pure delight.
This recipe contains mushrooms, celery, onions, oil (vegetable), vegetable broth, water, rice (wild), oranges, walnuts (chopped)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup(s) celery, sliced
- 1 cup(s) onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 can(s) 14oz. vegetable broth
- 2/3 water
- 1 pkg(s) 6oz. long grain and wild rice, original recipe
- 2 whole oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup(s) toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook mushrooms, celery, and onion in hot oil about 5 minutes or until tender. Add broth and water; bring to boiling.
- 2. Stir in rice mix and seasoning packet; reduce heat.
- 3. Simmer, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- 4. Gently stir in orange sections and walnuts.