Thai-Style Chicken with Rice
Add Thai-inspired flavor to your meal with this tasty dish. Your family will love the combination of peapods, soy sauce, peanut oil, chicken breast and fresh ginger.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), soy sauce, peanut oil, rice (white), fresh garlic, chicken broth, peanut butter, crushed red pepper, snow peas, fresh ginger, bell peppers (red), peanuts
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 2 tsp. peanut oil
- 1 cup(s) original converted brand rice
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 1/4 cup(s) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cup(s) snow pea pods, cut in half
- 1 tbsp. ginger, grated
- 1 whole red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp. peanuts (optional)
- 1. Combine chicken and soy sauce in shallow bowl; set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add rice and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in broth, peanut butter and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, stirring until peanut butter is melted.
- 3. Arrange chicken over rice mixture, adding soy sauce to skillet; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- 4. Fold in pea pods and ginger; sprinkle top with pepper strips. Remove from heat.
- 5. Cover and let sit until all liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts before serving, if desired.