Baked Parmesan Asparagus Fries
Asparagus "fries"...asparagus coated with ritz crackers and parmesan cheese and baked.
This recipe contains asparagus, eggs, all-purpose flour, cheese (parmesan, shredded), crackers (ritz), salt
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 lb. asparagus stalks, trimmed (try to choose the regular stalks as opposed to slim or extra thick stalks)
- 2 eggs, large - whisked
- 1/2 - 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cup(s) ritz crackers, crumbled (about 2 sleeves)
- 1 - 4 ds. salt to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- 2. Create a breading station using 3 containers. Add flour to the first container, whisked eggs in the second, and combine parmesan cheese and cracker crumbs in the 3rd (note, I season every station with salt).
- 3. Begin by coating asparagus with flour, be sure to shake off excess. Next, coat in egg and lightly shake off excess. Place asparagus in crumb mixture and press crumbs onto the asparagus. Set coated asparagus aside on empty lined baking sheet. Repeat until all asparagus is used up.
- 4. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 425F, or until asparagus is cooked and the outside coating is crispy. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.