Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
Make your own grilled teriyaki bowl, it's better and healthier than take-out!
This recipe contains teriyaki sauce, chicken (thighs), rice (white), bell peppers (red), zucchini, scallions, cilantro (fresh), salt, black pepper, oil (vegetable)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 30 min
- 1/2 cup(s) teriyaki sauce
- 2 lb. chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) white rice
- 2 whole red bell peppers
- 2 whole zucchini
- 2 - 3 whole green onions, thinly sliced (garnish)
- fresh cilantro
- black pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1. Trim and rinse chicken thighs. Marinate in teriyaki sauce at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 2. Cook rice according to package instructions.
- 3. Cut bell peppers in half, removing seeds and stem. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Toss in oil, season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Over hot, greased grill, add chicken about 10-15 minutes turning once, check for doneness. Allow to rest 5 minutes before cutting
- 5. While chicken is cooking, add vegetables and grill till tender but still has a bite.
- 6. Cut bell peppers and chicken into strips. Cut zucchini into diagonal slices.
- 7. Serve chicken and vegetables with rice. Garnish with green onions, and cilantro. Enjoy!