This recipe contains cheese (mozzarella, fresh), olive oil (extra virgin), italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt (kosher), cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 8 oz. mozzarella balls/cubes
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ds. kosher salt
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes
- 1 oz. oz. fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup(s) c. balsamic vinegar
- 1. In a small bowl, stir together mozzarella, olive oil, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, and season with salt. Set aside.
- 2. Assemble skewers: Layer a cherry tomato, basil leaf, marinated mozzarella ball, and another cherry tomato. Place on your serving platter.
- 3. Make balsamic glaze: In a small saucepan or skillet, bring balsamic vinegar to a low simmer. Let thicken until syrupy, 15 minutes. Set aside to cool and thicken.
- 4. Drizzle skewers with balsamic glaze and serve.