Chicken and Pork Adobo
Tender chicken and pork adobo, meaning "to marinade". Serve with jasmine rice for a complete dinner.
This recipe contains chicken thighs (bone-in) (skin-on), pork belly strips, white vinegar, water, soy sauce, fresh garlic, black peppercorns, bay leaves, brown sugar, rice (jasmine)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 1 hr 30 min
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken thighs or legs, bone in skin on
- 1 1/2 lb. pork belly or short ribs
- 1/2 cup(s) white vinegar
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1 clove(s) whole garlic bulb, cloves separated, crushed, but left unpeeled
- 2 tsp. whole black peppercorns
- 3 whole bay leaves
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 pkg(s) 8.5oz. jasmine rice
- 1. Marinate all ingredients for 1 hour or overnight in a large pot or dutch oven.
- 2. Cook covered over low heat for 1 hour, then cook for 30 minutes over medium heat for 30 minutes to reduce sauce.
- 3. Serve with jasmine rice.