Mexican Corn Chowder
This Mexican Corn Chowder is creamy, cheesy and so easy to make and has just the right amount of kick! I will be using some leftover turkey I have in this soup, but you can also use rotisserie chicken or any cooked, shredded chicken or turkey you have. Either way you choose, it will be fabulous! Top this with your favorite toppings such as avocado, tortilla strips, a little extra cheese and a dash of tabasco if you like the heat.
This recipe contains butter, onions, peppers (jalapeno, fresh), garlic (fresh), cumin (ground), chicken broth, half & half, cheese (mexican blend), corn (creamed), tomatoes (diced), chiles (green), XXXXX, chicken (rotisserie), salt, pepper, tabasco, avocados, tortilla chips
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 whole small onion, chopped
- 1 whole jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) half and half
- 8 oz. mexican cheese or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can(s) 14oz. canned corn- cream style
- 1 can(s) 14oz. canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can(s) 4oz. can diced green chiles
- 2 cup(s) rotisserie chicken
- 2 - 4 ds. salt to taste
- 2 - 4 ds. pepper to taste
- 2 - 3 ds. tabasco sauce, for an extra kick, if desired
- 1 whole avocado, for topping -optional
- 1 pkg(s) 14.5oz. tortilla chips/strips, for topping- optional
- 1. In a large pot or dutch oven add the butter and melt over medium high heat. Add onion, jalapeño, and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until tender. Add the cumin. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce the heat to low and add in the cream, shredded cheese, cream- style corm, green chilis, diced tomatoes, and chicken. Cook until the cheese has melted and all ingredients are heated through.
- 3. Season with salt, pepper, tabasco sauce, and top with favorite toppings.