No Bake Chocolate Chews
Delicious chocolate no-bake chews.
This recipe contains sugar, butter (unsalted), half & half, corn syrup, chocolate (bittersweet, chips), vanilla extract, almond extract, oats (quick), coconut flakes, almonds
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup(s) half and half
- 1 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 cup(s) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract (optional)
- 2 cup(s) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup(s) flaked coconut-sweetened
- 1/2 cup(s) coarsely chopped almonds
- 1. Line two extra-large baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring sugar, butter, half-and-half, and corn syrup to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2. Stir in Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips, vanilla, and, if desired, almond extract. Stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Stir in oats, coconut, and almonds.
- 3. Drop the mixture by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheets. Let stand at room temperature for about 1 hour or until set.
- 4. Enjoy immediately, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.