Avocado Cheese Toast with Tomatoes
Avocados and tomatoes are a great way to get your veggies in at breakfast, plus lots of protein and some whole wheat carbohydrates to help you stay fuller, longer.
This recipe contains bread (sourdough), tomatoes, avocados, cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded), hot sauce
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 4 slice(s) whole wheat sourdough bread
- 2 whole tomatoes, sliced
- 1 whole avocados, sliced
- 4 tbsp. shredded sharp cheddar
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1. Place all 4 slices of toast in your toaster or toaster oven and toast on light setting, just until the bread starts to turn golden brown
- 2. Remove bread from toaster, place on a baking sheet. Top each piece of toast with 4 slices of tomato, slightly overlap if large slices.
- 3. Top the tomato slices with avocado slices, and then add one tablespoon cheddar to the top of each. Place under the broiler for 1-3 minutes, keep an eye on them so they don’t burn, once the cheese is melted remove from broiler, top with your favorite hot sauce and serve.