Southwest Breakfast Burrito
So much southwestern flavor in so little time! This meal only takes 15 minutes to make. And only one bite to call it the best burrito you ever tasted.
This recipe contains rice (ready, whole grain brown), vegetable oil, turkey (ground), pinto beans, taco seasoning, enchilada sauce (green chile), eggs, tortillas, cheese (cheddar, shredded)
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 pkg(s) 8.8oz. ready rice, whole grain brown
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 lb. ground turkey
- 1 can(s) 14.5oz. pinto beans
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup(s) green enchilada sauce
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 8 whole-grain tortillas
- 6 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1. Heat a large sauté pan, add oil and ground turkey.
- 2. When turkey has broken apart stir in pinto beans, seasoning and enchilada sauce. Mix well and heat until turkey is fully cooked.
- 3. In separate pan scramble eggs to desired doneness.
- 4. Heat pouches of rice in microwave according to package directions. Set aside.
- 5. Warm tortillas in a sauté pan or in the oven.
- 6. Place rice and egg on bottom of tortilla and top with ground turkey and bean mixture. Divide mixture to make 6-8 wraps.
- 7. Top each with cheddar cheese.
- 8. Fold in sides of tortilla and wrap to completely enclose the filling. Cut in half or leave whole before eating.