Butternut Squash Fritters
Shredded, seasoned butternut squash formed into a fritter and pan-fried to crunchy goodness.
This recipe contains butternut squash, eggs, sage (fresh), flour (whole wheat), olive oil (extra virgin), pepper, sea salt
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 5 cup(s) butternut squash, shredded
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage, minced
- 2/3 cup(s) flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, more/less to taste
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded butternut squash, eggs, minced sage, salt and pepper. Fold in flour and add more if needed in order to hold fritters together.
- 2. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat, and heat until the oil sizzles when a drop of water is added. Drop 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time, making sure to keep the fritters at least 1-inch apart.
- 3. Cook about 2 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through and golden brown. When cooked, transfer them to a paper towel to absorb the excess oil. Repeat the procedure with the remaining mixture.