Butternut Squash, Caramelized Onion & Cranberry Toppers
Cracker toppers- a great appetizer for the holidays!
This recipe contains XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, crackers (triscuit), butternut squash, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, cranberry (whole berry, sauce), parsley (fresh), XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, butter, onions
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- FOR THE CRACKERS
- 24 triscuit crackers- cracked pepper & olive oil preferred
- 1/2 cup(s) butternut squash, cooked, mashed and cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup(s) onions, caramelized and cooled slightly (recipe below)
- 2 tbsp. whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tsp. chopped parsley
- CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 cup(s) onions, sliced
- 1. How to make the Caramelized Onions:
Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add 2 cups sliced onions; cook 10 min., stirring frequently. Simmer on medium-low heat 20 min. or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool, then store in refrigerator up to 5 days, or freeze up to 1 month, before using as desired. Makes about 2/3 cup.
- 2. For the Crackers:
Spread crackers with squash. Top with remaining ingredients.