Strawberry Basil Ice Cream
I absolutely love adding fresh herbs to homemade ice cream, and basil is a perfect pairing to strawberries. You will need an ice cream churn for this recipe.
This recipe contains strawberries (fresh), milk, heavy cream, basil, vanilla extract, salt (kosher)
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 cup(s) fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup(s) whole milk
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 oz. basil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- kosher salt
- 1. In a small pot over medium heat, combine half of the sugar, cream and milk. Heat until hot (not boiling) and add basil. Remove pot from heat and allow to steep for 10-15 min.
- 2. Once basil flavor is infused, remove basil from cream mixture and refrigerate till cool.
- 3. Add hulled strawberries to food processor and process till smooth. Add the rest of the sugar, salt and vanilla and refrigerate while cream mixture cools.
- 4. Pour the mixture into the mixing bowl of ice cream maker and churn for about 30 minutes, until desired texture is reached.
- 5. Transfer to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.