Cajun Stuffing with Sun-Maid Raisin Bread
Mix up your classic holiday dish by adding andouille sausage and raisin bread to the recipe!
This recipe contains bread (raisin), onions, bell peppers, celery, garlic, aidells sausage (andouille), sage (fresh), chicken stock, olive oil (extra virgin), salt (kosher), black pepper
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 12 slice(s) raisin bread, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup(s) onions, chopped
- 1 cup(s) bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, diced
- 1 pkg(s) 12oz. andouille sausage, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) sage
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF/177ºC.
- 2. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- 3. When oil is hot, add onions, bell pepper and celery. Stir occasionally while vegetables cook and soften, about 5-8 minutes.
- 4. Stir in chopped andouille sausage and garlic, then season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes, then stir in bread pieces and sage.
- 6. Stir everything slowly while the bread slowly deflates as it melts in with the vegetables and sausage.
- 7. After bread has softened, stir in chicken broth and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed in the bread, about 5 more minutes.
- 8. Transfer stuffing to a 9-inch casserole dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Top with more fresh sage, if you like.