Balsamic Fig and Pesto Caprese
With Just a few fresh ingredients you can prepare a classic Italian favorite! Perfect as a starter, side, or even main course.
This recipe contains tomatoes, cheese (mozzarella, fresh), basil pesto, balsamic vinegar (fig), olive oil (extra virgin), arugula
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
- 3 whole large tomatoes
- 1 pkg(s) 16oz. package of fresh mozzorella
- 1 tbsp. basil pesto
- 1 - 2 ds. balsamic vinegar-fig, for drizzling
- 1 - 2 ds. olive oil, extra virgin, for drizzling
- 2 cup(s) arugula
- 1. Slice tomatoes and mozzorella cheese about 1/4 inch thick.
- 2. In a medium size bowl, toss arugula with a light drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and arrange on a plate.
- 3. Place sliced mozzorella cheese and tomatoes on the lightly dressed arugula. Drizzle with pesto and fig balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!