Easy Italian Chicken Bowls
An easy, one-pan meal, that can be made ahead of time for easy meal prep. Click the link in the directions for suggestions and instructions.
This recipe contains chicken breasts, broccoli crowns, onions (red), tomatoes (plum), zucchini, garlic (minced), basil (dried), marjoram, rosemary, thyme, paprika, salt, pepper, olive oil, rice
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 lb. chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 1 whole small red onion
- 1 cup(s) plum tomatoes
- 1 whole medium zucchini
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. basil
- 2 tsp. marjoram
- 2 tsp. rosemary
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 - 4 cup(s) cooked rice of choice (optional)
- 1. Saute sausage in a heavy skillet for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- 2. Add the green onions and chile and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 3. Heat the oil in an omelet pan over high heat and add the sausage mixture.
- 4. Add the eggs and scramble them until done to your taste. Alternatively, you can let them set, then fold over into an omelet.
- 5. Serve on a warm platter. Garnish with salsa and sour cream. Accompany with refried beans topped with melted cheese and a side of warm tortillas.