Tempting Pecan Pie
Pie-baking at its finest, this country classic brings the best of the South to your table. Make sure you grab a slice before it's gone!
This recipe contains pie crust pastry (roll out), eggs, light brown sugar, water, butter, vanilla extract, pecans
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 1 pkg(s) prepared pastry for one, 9 inch
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb. light brown sugar (2 1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) pecan halves
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Trim and crimp edge as desired; set aside.
- 2. Beat eggs in small mixing bowl until frothy; set aside. Combine sugar and water in a 2-quart saucepan. Place over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to a full boil and cook for 3 minutes. Gradually stir hot syrup into eggs. Add butter, vanilla and pecans.
- 3. Pour filling into pastry shell. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil.
- 4. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 30 minutes more, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.