One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
This simple recipe makes for a great weeknight meal. You can also substitute the asparagus for fresh green beans if asparagus isn't your thing.
This recipe contains chicken tenders (uncooked), asparagus, tomatoes (grape), shredded carrots, , balsamic vinegar, honey, crushed red pepper, italian dressing, sea salt, black pepper, olive oil
3 - 4 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 1/4 lb. chicken tenderloins
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2in pieces
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cup(s) matchstick carrots
- For Balsamic Sauce
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3/8 cup(s) italian dressing
- 1 ds. sea salt
- 1 ds. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil for frying
- 1. In a mixing bowl whisk together italian dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes, and set aside
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large (12inch) skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then place chicken in skillet evenly. Cook about 10-15 minutes or until done, rotating once halfway through cooking.
- 3. While chicken is cooking, cut asparagus and tomatoes
- 4. When chicken is done, add half of the balsamic sauce mixture to pan with chicken. Coat the chicken with the sauce then remove the chicken from pan and set aside on a platter, leaving sauce in the pan.
- 5. Add the asparagus and carrots to pan with sauce, season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until crisp tender or about 5-6 minutes. Transfer veggies to platter with chicken.
- 6. Add the remaining balsamic sauce mixture to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- 7. Add chicken and veggies back into skillet and stir, tossing well with sauce. Add tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes, stirring until tomatoes start to get soft. Serve!