Red Wine Marinated Pepper Steak
Sirloin steak marinated red wine.
This recipe contains steak (sirloin), wine (red), rosemary (fresh), fresh garlic, olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 lb. sirloin steak
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine
- 1 rosemary sprig (4 inch)
- 2 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. spicy mustard
- 1 - 2 ds. salt, to marinate steak
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper, to marinate steak
- 1. Combine the wine, rosemary, chopped garlic, olive oil and mustard in a gallon freezer bag or casserole dish. Wisk together to distribute the mustard, add the steak, sprinkle with salt and pepper and marinate for one hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, or your barbeque to medium heat.
- 3. FOR OVEN COOKING- Heat a ridged cast iron pan on medium high, place steak on and grill each side for 5-6 minutes. Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes, less or not at all if it’s a thin cut. This will give you a medium cooked steak.
- 4. FOR BARBEQUE GRILLING- Place the steak on the barbeque 5-7 minutes on each side keeping the lid closed. The trick it to cook the steaks on a medium heat which keeps the inside tender, and the outside slightly charred. This will give you a medium cooked steak.
- 5. When the steak is done don’t cut into it for 10 minutes, allowing it to rest will result in a tender and juicy cut of meat. Slice thinly against the grain and place on a pretty plate, serve with wine.