Ground Chuck Wontons
Ground Chuck Wontons- fried wontons with bbq sauce and meatballs inside
This recipe contains eggs, bread crumbs (panko), bell peppers (green), scallions, salt, garlic powder, beef (ground, chuck), olive oil (extra virgin), butter, barbecue sauce, wonton wrappers, eggs
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp. seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. green or red pepper, minced
- 2 tbsp. green onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 lb. ground chuck
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup(s) BBQ sauce (pick your favorite flavor!)
- 30 whole wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, white only
- 1. Combine egg, bread crumbs, minced vegetables, and seasonings in a mixing bowl. Add ground beef and mix thoroughly. Form into 3/4-inch balls.
- 2. Heat oil and butter in a medium fry pan. Add meatballs; shake pan and turn meatballs to brown on all sides and cook through, about 5 minutes. Cool meatballs. This may be done ahead of time and meatballs refrigerated until needed.
- 3. Roll meatballs in barbecue sauce. Place in center of wonton wrapper. Bring corner over meatball. Brush remaining corners with lightly beaten egg white. Wrap meatball by bringing corners up and sealing them to each other so it resembles a wonton. Continue until all meatballs are wrapped.
- 4. Deep fry 3 or 4 wrapped meatballs at a time for 2 to 3 minutes, turning to brown all sides. Drain on paper towels.