Decadent Seafood Gnocchi
Decadent Seafood Gnocchi with shrimp and lump crab.
This recipe contains crab meat, shrimp, gnocchi, butter, flour, fresh garlic, lemons, half & half, salt, pepper, cheese (gruyere & swiss shredded), cheese (cheddar, white), cheese (parmesan-romano), parsley (fresh)
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 8 oz. lump crabmeat
- 8 oz. EZ peel shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 lb. fresh gnocchi
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 whole zest of one lemon
- 3 cup(s) half and half
- 1 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper, to taste
- 6 oz. shredded swiss and gruyere cheese
- 6 oz. white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 oz. shredded parmesan and romano cheese
- 1 whole bunch chopped parsley, for garnish
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook the gnocchi according to the package. They usually are done once they float to the top.
- 2. Drain the gnocchi and place in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Scatter the crab meat over top.
- 3. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, place the shrimp in an even layer. Cook for two minutes, then flip. Remove from the skillet once pink and cooked through. Scatter over the crab and gnocchi.
- 4. In a large sauce pot, melt four tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, then add the garlic and lemon zest. Cook for another minute, then pour in the half and half, whisking until smooth.
- 5. Once the mixture is thickened and warm, add the Swiss and cheddar cheeses. Once smooth, taste and salt and pepper as necessary. Pour the sauce over the seafood and gnocchi, then top with the Parmesan cheese.
- 6. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the edges are bubbly and the top is golden. Remove from the oven and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.