White Fish Provençal
Halibut topped with onion and tomato.
This recipe contains fish (halibut), olive oil, onions, tomatoes (diced), olives (kalamata, pitted), wine (white, dry), basil (dried), garlic powder, thyme (dried)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 1/2 lb. halibut fillets
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, finely chopped
- 1 can(s) 14.5oz. diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup(s) kalamata olives, pitted and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp. white wine
- 1 tsp. gourmet organic basil
- 1/2 tsp. gourmet organic garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. gourmet organic thyme
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Place fish in single layer in baking dish coated with no stick cooking spray. Lightly season fish with salt and pepper. Bake 12 minutes. If fish is over 1-inch thick, increase cooking time to 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat oil in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Add tomatoes, olives, wine, basil, garlic and thyme. Simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes.
- 3. Remove fish from oven. Spoon sauce over fish. Return to oven; bake 5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.