Giant Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs
Spaghetti dish with ground beef and ground pork.
This recipe contains ground beef, ground pork, fresh garlic, fresh parsley, milk, bread crumbs (panko), cheese (parmesan), salt, pepper, cheese (mozzarella, fresh), tomatoes (crushed), spaghetti
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) panko bread crumbs
- 1 oz. parmesan, grated
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 ds. pepper
- 1 whole fresh ball (or mini balls) of mozzarella
- 1 can(s) 28oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, pork, garlic, parsley, milk, panko and parmesan, along with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands to combine.
- 2. Divide the meatballs into four balls. Press a whole into each ball and place a generous amount of mozzarella into each (1/4 of large ball or 3-4 small balls). Fold and press the meat around the cheese covering the hole.
- 3. In a large casserole dish, pour a little bit of crushed tomatoes to coat the bottom. Place dried spaghetti on top and cover the pasta with the remaining sauce. Be sure that each noodle is coated.
- 4. Nestle the meatballs among the noodles. Place in a oven preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for 45 minutes until meatballs are cooked and pasta is tender. Serve immediately, garnished with basil and parmesan if desired.