Grilled Peaches With Honey and Yogurt
If you’re looking for a quick an easy summer dessert under 100 calories, look no further! Nothing says summer like biting into a juicy peach. Grilling them is a simple way to enjoy them as a dessert, a perfect ending to a backyard BBQ without heating up your kitchen. Delicious topped with yogurt and honey, but also great topped with low fat ice cream.
This recipe contains greek yogurt (vanilla), cinnamon, peaches, honey
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 whole large ripe peaches, cut in half (pit removed)
- 2 tbsp. honey (I prefer local and raw)
- 1. Heat skillet over medium heat. Slice onions into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 2. Add olive oil and onions to skillet. Cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally allowing them to caramelize.
- 3. Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium.
- 4. Add fresh thyme and brown sugar to onions and lower heat. Continue to cook for 5-10 minutes. Season with salt.
- 5. Grill hot dogs and red bell pepper 5-10 minutes.
- 6. Remove bell peppers and slice.
- 7. Place hot dogs in buns and top with hot caramelized onions, shredded gruyere cheese (onions should melt cheese) and roasted red peppers. Enjoy!