Slow Cooker Root Beer Ribs
Slow Cooker Root Beer Ribs- St Louis style spare ribs cooked in a root beer sauce.
This recipe contains sugar (dark brown), chili powder, salt, onion powder, allspice, pork spare ribs, root beer, cornstarch, water
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 5 hr
- 1/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 whole racks St. Louis Style spareribs, cut into 3- to 4-rib sections
- 1 can(s) 12oz. can root beer (not diet), divided
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- 1. Combine sugar, chili powder, salt, onion powder and allspice in medium bowl. Set aside half the spice mixture (about 1/4 cup); sprinkle the rest over both sides of rib sections.
- 2. Pour 1/2 cup root beer into 4- to 5-quart slow cooker; add seasoned ribs. Cover and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours (High: 4 to 5 hours).
- 3. Combine remaining 1 cup root beer and reserved spice mixture in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to saucepan. Cook until thickened.
- 4. Remove ribs to platter and cover. Strain cooking liquid and pour off fat. Add 1/3 cup strained liquid to sauce; stir until smooth.
- 5. Brush ribs with sauce. Serve with remaining sauce on side.