Salmon and Avocado Caesar Salad
Salmon and Avocado Caesar Salad with homemade dressing
This recipe contains whole wheat bread, butter, fish (salmon), tomatoes (grape), lettuce (romaine), avocados, eggs, cheese (parmesan), salt, pepper, xxxxx, mayonnaise, greek yogurt, olive oil, fresh garlic, capers, lemons, cheese (parmesan, grated)
2 - 4 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 cup(s) cubed whole wheat sandwich bread
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 whole salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 whole large head of Romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 1 whole avocado, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 - 2 oz. parmesan cheese
- 1 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove(s) clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. capers, minced
- 1 whole juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Mix all dressing ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2. Preheat broiler to high. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Place the salmon on a baking sheet and put under the broiler. Cook for 4-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon and your preferred level of “doneness.”
- 3. In a medium skillet over medium-high, melt butter. Toss in the bread cubes and stir occasionally until butter is absorbed and cubes are golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4. Return the skillet to the cooktop and drizzle with olive oil. Once hot, break the eggs gently into the skillet and reduce heat to medium. Season with salt. Cook until the egg whites are set and the yolk is still runny. Remove from heat.
- 5. Layer salad with Romaine lettuce, chopped tomato and avocado. Place a salmon fillet and egg on top of each bowl. Drizzle with dressing and top with buttered croutons. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, if desired.