BBQ Chicken Avocado Boats
Avocados stuffed with bbq chicken, topped with coleslae, bacon and cheese.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), avocados, olive oil, barbecue sauce, cheese (cheddar, shredded), coleslaw, bacon
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 whole avocados
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. bbq sauce
- 2 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup(s) coleslaw
- 2 slice(s) bacon
- 1. Slice the avocados in half, lengthwise. Remove the pits and some of the avocado flesh. Brush the flesh of the avocado with olive oil to keep from turning brown. Place the avocados, cut side up, in a small baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cooked, shredded chicken and BBQ sauce. Mix well to combine. Stuff the chicken mixture into the 4 avocado halves.
- 3. Top the avocado boats with the shredded Cheddar. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 8 to 12 minutes until the chicken is heated through and the cheese is bubbly.
- 4. Remove the avocado boats from the oven. Top with coleslaw and a crumble of crispy bacon. Serve warm.