Mexican Salsa Salad
A ton of bold and delicious flavors in this Mexican salsa salad.
This recipe contains beans (black, canned), corn (frozen), tomatoes (cherry), bell peppers, onions (red), garlic (fresh), cilantro (fresh), peppers (jalapeno, fresh), cheese (cotija), XXXXX, mayonnaise, limes, oregano (dried), cumin (ground), salt (sea), pepper
Prep time: 20 min
- 15 oz. black beans
- 2 cup(s) corn, frozen
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 whole bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 whole red onion, chopped small
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped cilantro
- 1/2 whole jalapeño
- 4 oz. crumbled mexican queso seco (cotija) or feta cheese
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. oregano, crushed
- 1 pn. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1. Prepare the dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well until smooth and set aside for later.
- 2. Drain and rinse the black beans. Add them to a large bowl. Thaw the corn by running under room temperature water. Drain them well and add the kernels to the bowl.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, garlic, and cilantro. Remove the ribs and seeds from the jalapeño and chop very small. Add the jalapeño and mix everything together well.
- 4. Pour the dressing in and stir. Move the salad to a serving bowl and top with the crumbled queso seco (or feta).