Shrimp & Grits
Shrimp and Grits- a southern tradition.
This recipe contains shrimp, bacon, olive oil, shallots, fresh garlic, bell peppers (red), scallions, beef broth, heavy cream, cheese (pepper jack), hot sauce, grits
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 1/2 lb. fresh shrimp, peeled, de-veined
- 8 slice(s) slices thick bacon, chopped, cooked and drained
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 whole shallots, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 whole red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 whole bunch green onions
- 1/2 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 4 oz. pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg(s) hot sauce, to taste
- 1 pkg(s) grits
- 1. Cook grits according to directions and set aside keeping warm.
- 2. In a large non-stick sauté pan, bring olive oil to medium high heat.
- 3. Add cooked bacon, garlic, shallots, red pepper and shrimp. Sauté and toss frequently for 2 minutes.
- 4. Add beef broth and heavy cream and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- 5. Add pepper jack cheese and hot sauce to taste until combined and cheese starts to melt.
- 6. Serve over the warm grits in a bowl.